I Vote Israel 2015
The upcoming Israeli elections are a perfect opportunity to educate your campus about Israeli democracy and diversity.
Join the "I Vote Israel" campaign. Learn about the Israeli political parties directly from Israeli students via short YouTube videos and materials, and then cast a 'vote' for the party with which you identify on an interactive Facebook webpage.
- Short videos of young Israelis that support different Israeli parties, allowing students on your campus to understand the diversity of Israelis in the political process. The videos can be shared on social media and showed on campus.
- A mock election where students can vote for the Israeli political party they most identify with. Results for each University, as well as total results across North America, will be calculated. The participating campus that casts the most votes will receive a $500 programming grant! You can see the voting page here (still being updated for the 2015 election).
- Display materials and postcards (shown below) about the various young Israelis who each support a different political party. The campaign also includes materials about Israeli democracy and diversity. Campuses are encouraged to use the materials at informational tables on campus to spark conversations and engage students.
- A Facebook page that has links to more in-depth information about Israeli democracy, the various party platforms, and current news related to the election.
- An online discussion board where students can post "What Israel Means to Me", allowing everyone to share their personal connection to Israel.
- Campuses are encouraged to organize programming in conjunction with the upcoming elections. Speakers about Israeli democracy and the elections can be brought to campus, including from the local Israeli Consulates. An election results viewing party can be a fun way to conclude the campaign. Be in touch with your Hasbara Fellowships Regional Advisor for programming ideas, as well as implementation support including potential grants.
- One program Hasbara Fellowships & WZO are offering is "Monopolity", a life-size game board and simulation of the political parties and issues in Israel today. It is a fun, interactive game that explores the system of government in Israel and the complexities of Israeli Society. Click here for more information about the game, and here to see a video of the game. The first 5 campuses that sign-up will receive it for free!
In partnership with:
|Baruch College||SUNY Buffalo|
|Boston College||SUNY Stony Brook|
|Boston University||Temple University|
|Brandeis University||University of California, Berkeley|
|Brooklyn College||University of California, Davis|
|Cal Poly Pomona||University of California, Irvine|
|California State University||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Carleton University||University of California, San Diego|
|Clark University||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Columbia University||University of Central Florida|
|Drake University||University of Georgia|
|Emory University||University of Iowa|
|Florida Atlantic University||University of Maryland|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||University of Miami|
|Georgia State University||University of Minnesota|
|Hunter College||University of Nebraska|
|Indiana University||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Ohio University||University of Oregon|
|Ohio State University||University of Rochester|
|Rutgers University||University of Southern California|
|Ryerson University||University of Texas, San Antonio|
|San Francisco State University||University of Toronto|
|San Jose State University||York University|