About the Israel Program
Become An Empowered Advocate for Israel
Experience an exclusive 16-day trip to Israel to enhance your pro-Israel knowledge, and learn how to have a strategic impact on your campus.
Join over 3,000 students from more than 250 campuses who have benefited from the information, tools and confidence of learning about Israel in a hands-on way. Hasbara Fellows have become strategic thinkers, organizational leaders and innovate advocates for Israel on college campuses.
- Learn how to create strategic impact plans; effectively use social media tools; communicate effectively, build relationships and increase your confidence
- Visit Israeli humanitarian organizations, hi-tech companies, the Knesset and Supreme Court
- Tour strategic points throughout Israel, such as the Syrian border, the Gaza border, and key Jerusalem landmarks
You will also get to meet with key Israeli leaders and thinkers. Past speakers on the trip have included (amongst many others):
- Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel
- Shimon Peres, President of Israel
- Natan Sharansky, Head of the Jewish Agency and Former Knesset Member
|Check out a sample itinerary |||Apply for the program|
After returning to campus, you will receive follow-up support from our professional staff, who will provide you with ongoing guidance, resources, and motivation. You must commit to being an Israel advocate on your campus for at least two semesters immediately following your Israel Program.
Spots for the Israel Program are limited, and selection for the Hasbara Fellowships is highly selective. To qualify, you must demonstrate:
- A high level commitment to Israel advocacy on campus and proven involvement
- Notable leadership experience and capability
- Specific goals for how to utilize your experience as a Hasbara Fellow upon returning to campus
Cost and Dates
The full cost of the program is valued at $3,500, but is generously subsidized by Hasbara Fellowships. Therefore, the following fees apply:
- A $795 program fee (group flights depart from NYC*)
- A $200 REFUNDABLE deposit, which will be returned to the participant after two semesters of dedicated Israel activism on campus as a Hasbara Fellow. (Details are specified in contract upon acceptance to the Hasbara Fellowships program).
Following are the dates for the Summer 2017 Hasbara Israel Program:
- May 14 - May 29
- June 18 - July 3
- August 6 - August 21
*Flights may also be available from LA and Toronto!
Hasbara Fellowships is the largest and most comprehensive Israel education and activism program for North American university students to Israel. Founded in 2001, Hasbara Fellowships was the first formal program for students battling anti-Israel propaganda on their campuses in the wake of the second Palestinian Intifada.