ISRAEL UNDER FIRE: WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
The IDF have launched Operation "Pillar of Defense" in Gaza, to restore quiet and security to the residents of southern Israel. The operation includes removing the military leadership of Hamas, and targeting strategic targets in the Gaza strip, including Fajr-5 rockets in the possession of Hamas.
You have the ability to help in a humble and simple way - exposing our acquaintances and our friends to the Israeli reality through the means of social networks. Here is some background info, talking points, and ways you can stay updated and active. Your action is crucial right now. Thank you.
Hasbara Fellowships Facebook page
Natalie Menaged, Hasbara Educational Director Facebook page
Hasbara Fellowships Twitter page
Be proactive, get your friends to Like and Share this page:
'People to People. Nation to Nations.'
For the third time in a month, the civilians of southern Israel are under rocket attack from the Gaza Strip.
The current attacks began on Saturday night (Nov.10) when an anti-tank missile was fired at an army jeep traveling on the Israeli side of the border fence. Four IDF soldiers were injured. Since then, over 120 rockets have been fired at Israeli civilians.
The lives of 1 million Israeli civilians are being threatened and daily life in southern Israel has been totally disrupted.
This morning, three people were killed and three children wounded when a rocket hit an apartment in Kiryat Malachi. Rockets also struck a residence in Ashdod and a school in Ofakim.
The residents of communities near the Gaza border suffer constantly from rocket and mortar shell attacks. These attacks occur almost on a routine basis, as do escalations of other types of terrorist activities carried out by Hamas and the other terrorist organizations that operate under Hamas' protection.
- The goal of Israel's operation is clearly defined and is aimed at removing a strategic threat to Israeli citizens. Israel is acting in self-defense and out of its duty to protect its civilians from terrorist attacks.
- Israel has demonstrated great restrain for a long period but cannot stand for the recurring attacks on its citizens. No other state would accept a similar reality.
- It must be noted that Israel disengaged completely from the Gaza Strip in 2005. The result of Israel's disengagement is that Gaza has become a giant ammunition dump. In addition, it provides a breeding ground for terrorist groups to organize and to operate, including groups associated with al-Qaeda and Global Jihad. All this under the rule, responsibility and sponsorship of Hamas. Hamas rules the Gaza Strip and is responsible for all that occurs in Gaza and all that is launched from there.
- Hamas and the other terrorist organizations hide among the civilian population of Gaza. They also deliberately direct their fire at the civilian population of Israel. These acts constitute a double war crime.
- Weapons smuggled from Libya, Iran and Sudan accelerated the process of Gaza turning into a terror base. These weapons also increased the danger posed to the Israeli population.
- The targets of the Israeli operation are all military. Israel will make every effort to prevent harm to the civilian population of Gaza, and regrets any injury to civilians.
- The border crossings from Israel to the Gaza Strip remain open, allowing for the routine passage of goods and humanitarian aid.
- Thank you to the United States and Canadian governments, who have issued strong statements of support for Israel. We hope the rest of the international community will follow their lead.